As from 19th July 2021 we will take the following steps to maintain public safety as far as reasonably possible and to manage the risk of serious illness from the spread of the virus:
- Continue to carry out proportionate COVID-19 risk assessments and share the results with staff, centre users and visitors to the premises.
- Maintain current cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with informed public health guidance around limiting the spread of highly transmissible variants of the virus.
- Help people work safely from a COVID-19 Secure workplace and encourage staff and volunteers to maintain a reasonable distance in the workplace. Where people cannot keep 2m apart we ensure at least a 1m distance and take all the mitigating actions possible to manage transmission risk.
- Provide adequate ventilation in enclosed spaces as far as reasonably possible.
-We will remain informed of local and national infection rates and be compliant with Public Health England (PHE), the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and the government’s ‘Working Safely’ guidance.
-Continue to display QR codes for customers to check in using the NHS COVID-19 app, to support NHS Test and Trace, although it will no longer be a legal requirement.
To help us protect ourselves and our community during this continued pandemic, we encourage our visitors and hirers to please:
- Continue wearing a face covering indoors if possible. Though legal requirements to wear a face covering have been lifted in most settings, we strongly encourage people to continue doing so to reduce your risk and the risk to others, where you come into contact with people you don’t normally meet in enclosed and crowded spaces, and to protect our community and the many vulnerable people who use our centre. All staff will continue to wear masks when in the building.
-Sanitise your hands when you enter the building. We will continue to provide free hand sanitiser at the main entrance and in the hire spaces. -Bear with us while we gradually ease number capacity in our hire spaces. We are aware that limits on group numbers have been lifted and we remain committed to providing a COVIDsafe and enjoyable experience for all our visitors and hirers.
-Continue to maintain social distancing rules where possible (between 1 and 2 metres) and to consider the risks of close contact with others, particularly if you are clinically extremely vulnerable or not yet fully vaccinated.
We appreciate your understanding during this extraordinary time and trust you will continue to support us as brilliantly as you have done throughout the pandemic.