Become a Trustee
Goldsmiths Community Association is seeking new members to join our Trustee board and help shape our future. After surviving a very difficult period in which this essential community facility was under threat of permanent closure, we now need active committed volunteers to join our committee and help us secure a stable and thriving future serving the community of North Downham and surrounding areas.
We particularly need people with skills in business planning and strategy, HR and buildings management. Knowledge of the local area and demographic is important and new members will also need to have time to attend monthly meetings and be actively involved in strategic practical and financial planning to help us manage the challenges of the current political and financial environment and nurture and grow our dedicated small team of staff.
Along with other Trustees;
- To ensure the charity is carrying out its purposes for the public benefit.
- To comply with the charity’s governing document and the law.
- To act in the charity’s best interests and manage the charity’s resources responsibly.
- To ensure the charity is accountable.
- To develop and promote best practice in terms of governance.
- To safeguard and promote the vales and mission of the charity.
- To determine the overall direction and development of the charity through clear strategic planning and business planning.
- To maintain sound financial management of the charity’s resources, ensuring expenditure is in line with the organisation’s objects, that investment activities meet accepted standards, that effective internal controls and risk management procedures are in place.
- To ensure that a fully effective and appropriate system is in place for the recruitment, appointment and monitoring of the work and activities of staff.
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the charity and its resources, striving for best practice in good governance.
The board meets monthly at Goldsmiths Community Centre, Catford.
We welcome all interested candidates to have an informal conversation with the Chair or Treasurer. To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and a brief statement of intent, outlining why this opportunity is of interest to you. We intend to keep applications open until we find suitable candidates.